Fingerprinting By Appointment Only
Call 724-463-5300 to schedule an appointment.
Applicant Registration Procedures
Online Registration: www.pa.cogentid.com
Phone Registration: 1-888-439-2486
Applicant Cost / Payment
- PA Department of Education: $24.25 (Automatically includes an unofficial informational copy.)
- PA Department of Human Services: $23.00
- PA Department of Aging: $23.00
- PA Department of Banking: $25.75
- PA Department of Transportation - HAZMAT : $21.50
- PA State Police - Act 235 Lethal Weapons Training Program: $25.75 or $75.75.
Payment Types: Credit Card, Debit Card, Money Order, Cashiers Check and/or Agency Pay (requires Agency Billing Agreement)
Required Applicant Documents
- Primary Documents
- Valid PA Drivers License or PA State ID Card
- Secondary Documents
- Official Birth Certificate, Military ID Card, US Passport, Social Security Card, Federal ID Card
- Supporting Documents
- Utility Bill, Voter Registration Card, Vehicle Registration/Title Paycheck Stub with name and address, Bank Account Statement
Applicant Data Security
Data is encrypted and traveling over a secured network that is regulated by the State and Federal government standards for this type of data communication.
ACT 114 Clearance Certification
PA Department of Education: The Applicant FBI background clearance check record is normally availablewithin 48 hours of fingerprint submission to school districts and non public schools. Applicants/Contractorsmust provide the school entity the PA Identification number provided by Cogent Systems at the completionof registration or at the fingerprinting site to have their record reviewed by the school entity. The officialrecord is obtained by the school district for all employees and contractors. If the district hires the employee orcertifies a contractor record they are not permitted to copy that official record for the applicant or contractor.The unofficial copy is sent to the Applicant/Contractor for informational purposes. The official record is validfor one year.
PA Department of Public Welfare: The applicant should receive the official FBI background clearance check record in the mail approximately 2-4 weeks after the completion of the fingerprinting.